Monday, May 13, 2013

Saying too much too little

Today I received my evaluations and for the first time ever, a student stated, "She talks too much."

I am not sure how how to take that criticism. Certainly, like most criticisms I receive, I will likely experience a fit of self-doubt. Thus I am devoting the theme of this blogpost to saying too much and saying too little.

These two works are on the same theme of confluence--bringing together bodies of water, ideas, thoughts, experiences.  And although they are on the same theme each "says" what it must in order to communicate leaving me with the question of what must be present or absent to gain confluence? Of my own words and actions there can become a space in which to coalesce ideas.

Confluence/Tributary. Monoprint on cotton muslin. 6" x 6". 2013.

Confluence/Tributary. Monoprint on cotton muslin, embroidery. 6" x 6". 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment